Monday, January 18, 2016

Another week só filé

Elder Olivier had another baptism!  It sounds like the youth there are just really awesome!

Here is his letter:

Hey everyone!

So this week for sure had a lot of ups and downs, like always. We were teaching this guy that pretty much acted like a golden investigator until a couple of days before his baptism, when he tried to unleash his bible-bash fury on us (his bible-bash game was weak though). He brought out five different versions of the bible from different churches and said that our "bible" (the Book of Mormon) was wrong because it wasn´t even a bible. We tried to explain to him that we believe in the bible too, but for some reason he wouldn´t have any of it. Like, dude, we know it´s not a bible, we you didn´t need to collect as many bibles as you could find to show us that. Haha. 

The best part was that last sunday we got a call from our district leader and he said that he had a sweet referral for us. His name is Nal, and he had gone to church in our DL´s ward with some of his friends. So we went there to his house right after our church ended and got to know him. As it turns out, we had already met him once before at the church building during church ball (soccer). He was pretty much friends with all of the young men in the ward already, and he had already gone to church and had been taught by missionaries before. We went there and talked to him, and Elder De Castro felt he should invite him to be baptized the next week. Nal accepted, and we baptized him yesterday! The baptismal meeting was probably the most spiritual baptismal meeting that I have been to on my mission. It was so good, and we didn´t even get someone to make cake. Nal´s mom and grandma both went (they are both non members) and they were both super happy and excited. His mom took a bunch of pictures and kept saying "just one more" (@Mom). Plus, there were tons of young men from the stake there. Plus, we got one of Nal´s best friends, Caio, to baptize him. They youth in this stake continue to amaze me because they are all so involved in the missionary effort. It is the coolest thing.

So anyway, transfers are next week, and I´m just sort of waiting here wondering if I´m going to stay in the area or if I´m going to go. I will for sure be sad to leave the area but at the same time I feel that if I get transferred I´ll be ready to go. But wherever I go, I know that´s where the Lord needs me to be. Missionary work is for sure the hardest thing that I have ever done. Sometimes it gets frustrating. Sometimes we wonder why we are getting so little results. But, looking back on these past five months, I realize how much I have done and how far I have come since I first left home. Being a missionary is so hard, but it is so rewarding.

Have an awesome week!

Elder Olivier!



Baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment