Friday, May 12, 2017

Chillin in Manaus

We received this e-mail on May 8.

This week Elder Marcolino and I spent the whole week hunting down three investigators that usually are easy to find at home but for some reason all three of them decided to dissapear for an entire week. We were joking that every new person that we teach gets put into a facebook group called "Elder Olivier and Elder Marcolinos´ investigators," where all of our investigators collectively decided to not talk to us for certain periods of time. Sounds crazy but it just might actually be real. Haha. Sometimes missionary work is like that. Miraculously, we managed to talk to all three of them on saturday

This week everyone in our district got check-ups from some doctor guy. He came to our district meeting. He asked me if I feel any pain and I said "no," but he said that my knee looks kind of crooked, wrote on his paper that I need to do a knee- exam (he didn´t even ask me to do some kind of movement with my knee- he just looked at it). Luckily my companion was actually having knee pain because if not, I wouldn´t have even gone to the doctor. They put me inside of a giant machine that scanned my knee. 

Something I´ve been pondering about a lot lately is about reading the scriptures. Our mission president and his wife challenged us to read the Book of Mormon and underline every time one of the members of deity is mentioned, by name or title. It is amazing how every time I read the Book of Mormon again I understand tons of new things. I am coming to learn that when we read the scriptures every single day, we can really feel the spirit more throughout the day and we can really learn how to follow the Savior. I love the Book of Mormon and I know it is true. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!


Love,

Élder Olivier

No comments:

Post a Comment