Monday, January 16, 2017

Story!

Elder Olivier sent this email today!

Story: 

A few weeks ago we went to the barber on our pday for my companion to get his hair cut. While he was getting his hair cut, a young man that was sitting across from me asked me where we are from. A question we get quite a lot. I told him that we´re from the United States, and he got pretty surprised and started asking a bunch of questions. I talked to him for a while, and finally asked him if he had talked to missionaries before. He said that he had, a really long time ago, and that he knew the "president" of our church (I realized he was talking about the bishop) and had even gone to church several times with the bishop´s family as boy. 

We asked the bishop about him and found out where he lives. We clapped at his door and he came out, super surprised. "Hey Mateus, can we leave a quick message with you?" He accepted and let us in. We taught about the restoration of the gospel and the Book of Mormon. We challenged him the read it and ask God if it is true. He accepted. 

A couple of days ago we taught Mateus another lesson in the bishop´s house (after teaching him almost every single day since that first day). We decided to teach him again about the purpose of the Book of Mormon. We read the introduction with him, and after a couple of inspired questions from the bishop, he said, "I did what you guys asked me to do the first time you taught me. I prayed, and I´m not going to lie, God showed me that this book is true."

It is amazing how simple the gospel is. If we ask God with faith, He will answer our prayers (James 1:5-6). The best part of being on a mission is seeing how people grow in faith and make changes in their lives. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and I am so grateful for that. 

I love you all, and have a great week! 


Love,

Élder Olivier!


P.S. - He told us the young man is planning to be baptized....hopefully this week!



Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment