Monday, April 4, 2016

Zone Conference!

Below is Elder Olivier's email that he sent on March 28th!:

Primeira coisa! I forgot to send the snake pictures last week! Que burro! Haha. (We included those snake pictures with the March 7th email.))

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great week this week, and a great easter! Here in brazil, easter was great! Even though it was pretty much a normal day, and nothing really happened for easter. Haha.

But this week was super interesting, because I spent the whole week in Rio Branco with one of the zone leaders, Elder Aguilar. My companion went back to my area with the other zone leader, Elder Pina. Elder Aguilar is from Honduras and Elder Pina is from Cape Verde (Africa). They are both really good missionaries, and we all worked super hard this week. I learned a ton of stuff from Elder Aguilar, and we ended the week with a baptism which, funny story, we didn´t even get to see, because we were busy doing baptismal interviews in another area and the bus back took forever. But luckily, everything went right with just the members doing the baptism. The boy who was baptized is 8 years old and is the friend of a member who also was baptized the same day. That´s right, 8 year olds can do member missionary work too!

The zone leaders´ area is way different from my area, mostly because it covers two wards and Sena Madureira only has one small branch. So it was interesting working here this week. It was something a little different, and I learned a lot from it.

Anyway, I hope everyone got a chance this week to think about the central point of Easter, Jesus Christ. He really is the Savior of the world, and because of Him we can have eternal life. He lives today, and he is the head of His church. The church is true!

I hope everyone has a great week! I love all of you guys!

Elder Olivier!


No comments:

Post a Comment