Monday, April 4, 2016

Hello my Friends!

Here is Elder Olivier's email that he sent on March 14th:



Hi everyone!
This week was pretty crazy, as usual. One day this week my companion and I were walking and we smelled a horrible smell, so of course, we followed the smell and we found something CRAZY. It might not be something everyone would want to see (because you might get scared) so if you want to know what it was, send me an email and I´ll send the picture!!!! So suspenseful!!!!
This week was a super good week. We had a baptism, of the mother of two of the people we baptized last week. It was sweet. She was super happy, and after the baptism she told us not to give up on her two other daughters that still haven´t decided to be baptized. We told her not to worry, there is no way we´re giving up on them! haha.

Today we actually did something entertaining on our p-day  (besides cleaning our apartment, which is always a blast). We broke out the ping pong table that has never, ever been used that has always been in our church building (house.....). So we played ping pong and blasted church music. Because we´re that cool.
Being on a mission is definitely one of the best things I have ever done. Just being out here for 7(ish) months has changed my entire outlook on pretty much everything. So far, it has been the most humbling experience of my life. On my mission so far I have felt the happiest I have ever been, the saddest I have ever been, the most stressed out I have ever been, and the most comforted that I have ever been. Every emotion is an extreme. It´s the craziest thing that I have ever done. And probably the best thing I have ever done. Even though it has been a huge sacrifice, I´m so glad I came out here. Every single day I learn something new, and every single day my testimony of the gospel grows. The church is true!

I hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Josh!









Elder Olivier later sent the picture of the smelly thing they found!!  Yuck and scary!!  It was a gigantic dead snake!! (pictured below)






Elder Olivier also sent just us another photo that I don't want to necessarily post, but we must document these sort of things:)


Elder Olivier was responding to Mike's email where he felt bad for hitting a squirrel with his car.  Elder Olivier said this: 
 "Hi Family!  First of all, I heard you killed a squirrel and then felt bad, Dad. Well my companion and I killed two rats that have been in our apartment and we felt good! Heck yeah!" ~ Elder Olivier

No comments:

Post a Comment